- Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics) at Melbourne University
- Masters of Science (Applied Mathematics) at Melbourne University
- Complex systems research group
- Business analytics tutor at La Trobe University
- PhD in sports analytics with Essendon Football Club and La Trobe University
- Nicknamed ‘Data Dave’ my first day at Essendon
- Avid golfer and life-long basketball player
- Pet golden retriever called Barney
- Complete my PhD
- Use data and analytics to help athletes and professional sporting teams gain a competitive edge
- Training loads and injury risk in Australian football—differing acute: chronic workload ratios influence match injury risk. Carey, D. L., Blanch, P., Ong, K. L., Crossley, K. M., Crow, J., & Morris, M. E. (2016). British journal of sports medicine.
- Predicting ratings of perceived exertion in Australian football players: methods for live estimation. Carey, D. L., Ong, K., Morris, M. E., Crow, J., Crossley, K. M. (2016). International Journal of Computer Science in Sport.
- Micromechanics of elastic buckling of a colloidal polymer layer on a soft substrate: experiment and theory. Tordesillas, A., Carey, D., Croll, A. B., Shi, J., & Gurmessa, B. (2014). Granular Matter.
Follow my research on Twitter @dlcarey88