- BSc (Hons) Zoology – University of Hull
- BSc (Physiotherapy) – Teesside University
- MAppSc. (Manipulative physio and sports) – University of South Australia
- Extended Scope Practitioner and Musculoskeletal specialist (NHS, UK and private practice)
- Senior Lecturer and Programme Lead (MSc Advanced Clinical Practice, Manipulative Therapy) – Teesside University, UK
- Sporting experience: Keen (but lousy) fell runner and rower. A lot of years fixing up rugby union players.
- I can’t write / talk about myself without clenching, so all below is offered by others.
- I once ran a marathon hill race in weather so cold that my water froze in my back pack (gotta love the UK).
- My current daily creative challenge is dog proofing the kitchen against a delinquent 12 year old pooch.
- I was on placement with the Adelaide Crows when they won the Premiership.
- I can moult stage a prawn and identify the sex of a lobster.
Complete my PhD (before hell freezes over) with a scope of research skills to enhance my abilities to bridge the gap between research, practice and education.
- Physiotherapy students’ attitudes toward the functional ability of patients with chronic low back pain. Quinn T, Ryan C, Jones D. Pain and rehabilitation 37 20-23 2014
- The clinical effects of Kinesio® Tex taping: A systematic review. Morris D, Jones D, Ryan H, Ryan C. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice 29(4) 259-270 2013
- Recreational and sporting injury to the adolescent knee and ankle: Prevalence and causation. Jones D, Grimmer K, Louw Q. Australian Journal of Physiotherapy, 49(3):179-188 2000
- The prevalence of adolescent injury from recreational exercise: An Australian perspective. Grimmer K, Jones D, Williams J. Journal of Adolescent Health, 27(4) 2000
- Young people’s recreational activities and related injuries: A prevalence study. Grimmer K, Jones D, Louw Q. Proceedings of the Australian Conference of Science and Medicine in Sport, Adelaide 1998 pp133.
- ‘Smartplay’ – Modules: Ankle and Knee Injuries; Osteoporosis. www.smartplay.net