- Bachelor of Physiotherapy at La Trobe University.
- Honours degree in recreational participation of children with intellectual disabilities.
- Physiotherapist and professional development manager at Symmetry Physio and Sports Medicine, Hoppers Crossing.
- Exercise rehabilitation as well as clinical anatomy & neuroscience tutor for the school of physio at La Trobe University.
- Sporting experience: Hoppers Crossing Warriors and Footscray Rugby Union Club.
Top 5 Fun Facts
- Grew up in the western suburbs of Melbourne, yes I survived.
- Can solve a rubix cube, and make balloon animals (sorry I’m not available for kids parties).
- Pets: house trained rabbit, Sir Lancelot, and a dog named Hadley.
- Party trick: rolling fry pans up with my hands.
- Terrified of heights
- Finish PhD and become a specialist in the field of hip pathology, rehab and diagnosis
- Support in the professional development of recent graduate clinicians and advocate for easily accessible professional development material for clinicians
Follow my research and clinical journey on Twitter @mattgmking1 I will be posting monthly blogs on various topics in the realm of FAI and Hip Osteoarthritis – prevention, surgery, rehabilitation and outcome via the La Trobe Sports and Exercise Medicine Research Centre blog
- Is participation among children with intellectual disabilities in outside school activities similar to their typically developing peers? A systematic review. (Shields, et al. 2013)
- Participation of children with intellectual disability compared with typically developing children. (King, et al. 2013)