April brought yet more high quality research from the staff at the La Trobe SEMRC. Check out out highlights infographic, hyperlinked articles below and the full list of publications (in case you need them for an essay!) at the end;
Full List Here
- Carroll LM, Volpe D, Morris ME, Saunders J, Clifford AM. Aquatic Exercise Therapy for People With Parkinson Disease: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2017;98(4):631-8.
- Cox NS, Oliveira CC, Lahham A, Holland AE. Pulmonary rehabilitation referral and participation are commonly influenced by environment, knowledge, and beliefs about consequences: a systematic review using the Theoretical Domains Framework. Journal of Physiotherapy. 2017;63(2):84-93.
- Crossley KM, Schache AG, Ozturk H, Lentzos J, Munanto M, Pandy MG. People with patellofemoral OA walk with different pelvic and hip kinematics compared to healthy aged‐matched controls. Arthritis Care & Research. 2017.
- Devitt BM, O’Sullivan R, Feller JA, Lash N, Porter TJ, Webster KE, et al. MRI is not reliable in diagnosing of concomitant anterolateral ligament and anterior cruciate ligament injuries of the knee. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 2017:1-7.
- Fini NA, Holland AE, Keating J, Simek J, Bernhardt J. How Physically Active Are People Following Stroke? Systematic Review and Quantitative Synthesis. Physical therapy. 2017.
- Frazer AK, Williams J, Spittle M, Kidgell DJ. Cross-education of muscular strength is facilitated by homeostatic plasticity. European journal of applied physiology. 2017:1-13.
- Gerrard JM, Bonanno DR. Increasing preferred step rate during running reduces plantar pressures. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. 2017.
- Hart H, Crossley K, Hunt M. Do Gait Patterns Differ based on Radiographic Patellofemoral Osteoarthritis Disease Severity in Individuals with Mild Tibiofemoral Osteoarthritis? Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2017;25:S349.
- Lamont RM, Morris ME, Menz HB, McGinley JL, Brauer SG. Falls in people with Parkinson’s disease: A prospective comparison of community and home-based falls. Gait & Posture. 2017;55:62-7.
- Mason J, Frazer A, Horvath DM, Pearce AJ, Avela J, Howatson G, et al. Adaptations in corticospinal excitability and inhibition are not spatially confined to the agonist muscle following strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2017:1-13.
- Morris ME, Taylor NF, Watts JJ, Evans A, Horne M, Kempster P, et al. A home program of strength training, movement strategy training and education did not prevent falls in people with Parkinson’s disease: a randomised trial. Journal of Physiotherapy. 2017;63(2):94-100.
- Novak AR, Bennett KJ, Fransen J, Dascombe BJ. Predictors of performance in a 4-h mountain-bike race. Journal of Sports Sciences. 2017:1-7.
- Peiris C, Shields N, Kingsley M, Yeung J, Hau R, Taylor N. The maximum tolerated dose of walking for community-dwelling people recovering from hip fracture: a dose-response trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2017.
- Tarrant BJ, Le Maitre C, Romero L, Steward R, Button BM, Thompson BR, et al. Mucoactive agents for chronic, non‐cystic fibrosis lung disease: A systematic review and meta‐analysis. Respirology. 2017.
- Webster KE, Feller JA, Whitehead TS, Myer GD, Merory PB. Return to Sport in the Younger Patient With Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017;5(4):2325967117703399.