- Bachelor of Physiotherapy at La Trobe University
- Honours degree (ACLR outcomes) including reconstruction of my own ACL
- Epworth Hospital two year graduate program
- Physiotherapist at Bounce Health Group, Blackburn
- Range of amateur to elite sporting experience – Melbourne City Football Club, Blackburn Football Club, Basketball Victoria u16 State Teams, Victorian Cyclones mixed netball state team.
Top 5 Fun Facts
- Born and bred two – headed Tasmanian, from a small town called Tullah, in the rugged west coast.
- Eight broken arms from age 7 – 16…possibly leading to an interest in injuries….
- State level basketball player, recently switched to Aussie rules
- Favourite food: pickled onions
- Physiotherapist for Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Complete PhD – become specialist in the ACL field – academically and clinically
- Translation of research into clinical practice, in particular improving outcomes following ACLR, late stage rehabilitation and return to sport evidence based criteria.
Follow my research and clinical journey on Twitter @BrookeHowells. I will be posting monthly blogs on various topics in the realm of ACL injury – prevention, surgery, rehabilitation and outcome via the La Trobe Sports and Exercise Medicine Research Centre blog