In the world of publications, researchers understand the difficult task of publishing in peer reviewed journals. Manuscripts which are accepted often require several revisions and may take up to a year to get published. It can be an arduous task keeping on top of papers and delegating tasks among co-authors. It is with this in mind the great feat of Professor Kay Crossley, director of La Trobe Sports and Exercise Medicine research Centre (LASEM), who this year alone has published 22 papers (as per Scopus June 1st 2018). With a publication list over 200 and an H-index of 62, Professor Crossley’s latest papers feature a range of topics related to hip, groin and knee pain. Pictured below are 3 key papers (click the picture for a link to the paper) and a summary table of Professor Crossley’s latest papers.
Well done Professor Crossley!
References of the 22 articles:
- Carey DL, Crow J, Ong KL, Blanch P, Morris ME, Dascombe BJ, et al. Optimizing preseason training loads in Australian football. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. 2018;13(2):194-9.
- Kemp JL, Coburn SL, Jones DM, Crossley KM. The physiotherapy for femoroacetabular impingement rehabilitation study (physioFIRST): A pilot randomized controlled trial. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2018;48(4):307-15.
- Crossley KM, Pandy MG, Majumdar S, Smith AJ, Agricola R, Semciw AI, et al. Femoroacetabular impingement and hip OsteoaRthritis Cohort (FORCe): protocol for a prospective study. Journal of Physiotherapy. 2018;64(1):55.
- King MG, Lawrenson PR, Semciw AI, Middleton KJ, Crossley KM. Lower limb biomechanics in femoroacetabular impingement syndrome: A systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2018;52(9):566-80.
- Risberg MA, Ageberg E, Nilstad A, Lund B, Nordsletten L, LØken S, et al. Arthroscopic surgical procedures versus sham surgery for patients with femoroacetabular impingement and/or labral tears: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (HIPARTI) and a prospective cohort study (HARP). Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2018;48(4):325-35.
- Crossley KM, Schache AG, Ozturk H, Lentzos J, Munanto M, Pandy MG. Pelvic and Hip Kinematics During Walking in People With Patellofemoral Joint Osteoarthritis Compared to Healthy Age-Matched Controls. Arthritis Care and Research. 2018;70(2):309-14.
- Hart HF, Crossley KM, Felson D, Jarraya M, Guermazi A, Roemer F, et al. Relation of meniscus pathology to prevalence and worsening of patellofemoral joint osteoarthritis: the Multicenter Osteoarthritis Study. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2018.
- Macri EM, Crossley KM, d’Entremont AG, Hart HF, Forster BB, Wilson DR, et al. Patellofemoral and tibiofemoral alignment in a fully weight-bearing upright MR: Implementation and repeatability. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2018;47(3):841-7.
- van Middelkoop M, Bennell KL, Callaghan MJ, Collins NJ, Conaghan PG, Crossley KM, et al. International patellofemoral osteoarthritis consortium: Consensus statement on the diagnosis, burden, outcome measures, prognosis, risk factors and treatment. Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2018;47(5):666-75.
- Culvenor AG, Patterson BE, Guermazi A, Morris HG, Whitehead TS, Crossley KM. Accelerated Return to Sport After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction and Early Knee Osteoarthritis Features at 1 Year: An Exploratory Study. PM and R. 2018;10(4):349-56.
- Filbay SR, Ackerman IN, Dhupelia S, Arden NK, Crossley KM. Quality of life in symptomatic individuals after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, with and without radiographic knee osteoarthritis. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2018;48(5):398-408.
- Freke M, Kemp J, Semciw A, Sims K, Russell T, Singh P, et al. Hip strength and range of movement are associated with dynamic postural control performance in individuals scheduled for arthroscopic hip surgery. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2018;48(4):280-8.
- Guermazi A, Roemer FW, Crossley KM, Crema MD. Fractures associated with ACL injury need to be taken seriously. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2018;52(1):6-7.
- Heerey J, Risberg MA, Magnus J, Moksnes H, Ødegaard T, Crossley K, et al. Impairment-based rehabilitation following hip arthroscopy: Postoperative protocol for the HIP arthroscopy international randomized controlled trial. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2018;48(4):336-42.
- Heerey JJ, Kemp JL, Mosler AB, Jones DM, Pizzari T, Souza RB, et al. What is the prevalence of imaging-defined intra-articular hip pathologies in people with and without pain? A systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2018;52(9):581-93.
- Kemp J, Moore K, Fransen M, Russell T, Freke M, Crossley KM. A pilot randomised clinical trial of physiotherapy (manual therapy, exercise, and education) for early-onset hip osteoarthritis post-hip arthroscopy. Pilot and Feasibility Studies. 2018;4(1).
- Mosler AB, Agricola R, Thorborg K, Weir A, Whiteley RJ, Crossley KM, et al. Is bony hip morphology associated with range of motion and strength in asymptomatic male soccer players? Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2018;48(4):250-9.
- Mosler AB, Weir A, Eirale C, Farooq A, Thorborg K, Whiteley RJ, et al. Epidemiology of time loss groin injuries in a men’s professional football league: a 2-year prospective study of 17 clubs and 606 players. British journal of sports medicine. 2018;52(5):292-7.
- Mosler AB, Weir A, Serner A, Agricola R, Eirale C, Farooq A, et al. Musculoskeletal Screening Tests and Bony Hip Morphology Cannot Identify Male Professional Soccer Players at Risk of Groin Injuries: A 2-Year Prospective Cohort Study. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2018;46(6):1294-305.
- Perraton LG, Hall M, Clark RA, Crossley KM, Pua YH, Whitehead TS, et al. Poor knee function after ACL reconstruction is associated with attenuated landing force and knee flexion moment during running. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 2018;26(2):391-8.
- Sritharan P, Lin YC, Richardson SE, Crossley KM, Birmingham TB, Pandy MG. Lower-limb muscle function during gait in varus mal-aligned osteoarthritis patients. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 2018.
- Tan JM, Crossley KM, Vicenzino B, Menz HB, Munteanu SE, Collins NJ. Age-related differences in foot mobility in individuals with patellofemoral pain. Journal of Foot and Ankle Research. 2018;11(1).