LASEM continues to gather momentum in the research space. As such, the centre will require additional staff to support its research and service goals into the future.
Accordingly, LASEM is inviting people at level A or B level to express an interest in a research only position. The position has some flexibility in terms of being full or part time.
Expression of interest for these positions will be through a process that includes a written submission and formal interview.
Please review the key selection criteria and consider applying or distributing within your networks. In submitting your application, please specify whether you are level A (don’t have a PhD) or B (have a PhD) and whether you would be interested in full or part time appointment. The positions will be fixed term for 6 months with potential extension for the right applicant.
Please submit your expression of interest by 5pm on the 31st August 2018 directly to:
Professor Kay Crossley
Director La Trobe Sport and Exercise medicine Research Centre
Health Science 3, room 508
La Trobe University.
Key Selection Criteria
- High level organisational skills: the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
- Experience with recruiting clinical populations (e.g. people with knee pain) for clinical studies.
- Evidence of the ability to work as a member of a team in a co-operative and collegial manner.
- The applicant holds an Australian drivers licence
- Completion of a Bachelors or equivalent qualifications in an area related to sport and exercise medicine. Applicants with qualifications in a range of disciplines will be considered (e.g., physiotherapy, podiatry, exercise science, anatomy and physiology, medicine).
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualifications or research experience in an area related to sport and exercise medicine. Applicants with qualifications in a range of disciplines will be considered (e.g., physiotherapy, podiatry, exercise science, anatomy and physiology, medicine).
- Knowledge of, and experience with processing and analysing three-dimensional movement analysis data, including preparing these data for presentations and publications
- Knowledge of, and experience with movement analysis equipment (specifically VICON, Force plates, EMG systems).
- Experience in the use of Quantitative sensory testing
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions that provides evidence of strong research potential.
- Flexibility with work days and times to suit data collection
- Experience and strong proficiency with Visual 3D software program