GLA:D® is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
Research from the GLA:D® program in Denmark shows symptom progression reduces by 32%.
Other outcomes include a less pain, reduced use of joint related pain killers, and less people on sick leave. GLA:D® participants also reported high levels of satisfaction with the program and increased levels of physical activity 12 months after starting the program.
La Trobe University is now bringing you GLA:DTM Australia so that physiotherapists can provide this successful program to Austrailian’s with hip and knee osteoarthritis.
- Know the best treatments for hip and knee osteoarthritis including the evidence
- Know the best exercise approaches for treating people with hip and knee osteoarthritis
- Confidence to provide group and individual exercise class for people with hip and knee osteoarthritis
- Be able to demonstrate the effectiveness of your treatment to insurers, and other health professionals
- Be able to deliver effective patient education to people with arthritis
- Develop the skills and knowledge to deliver an effective treatment program to people with hip and knee arthritis which can also generate new revenue for you and/or your clinic