Investigating Physiotherapy for Hip and Groin Pain
Do you have HIP or GROIN PAIN?
FREE x-ray, physiotherapy & gym membership available in 2018.
If you have had hip or groin pain for more than 6 weeks and have not had surgery for it, you may be eligible to receive a free comprehensive physiotherapy program to manage it.
The PhysioFIRST study is the first in the world to investigate the most effective physiotherapy program for managing hip/groin pain in young adults.
Participants must be:
- Aged 18-50 years
- Have pain around hip/groin for more than 6 weeks
- Have not had hip surgery
- Have not had physiotherapy in the last 3 months
What participants will be asked to do:
- Attend La Trobe University before and after participation (6 months) in the study:
- for an examination of your hip
- perform some physical activities
- answer some questionnaires about how your hip pain impacts on your life
- Obtain a FREE xray of your hip (if you haven’t had one in the last 5 years).
- Receive one of two FREE physiotherapy treatments weekly, for 3 months.
- Receive a FREE gym membership to continue the program, for a further 3 months.
If you feel that you may be eligible to participate in this research or would like to know more, please contact Sally Coburn.
Mobile: 0484 761 237
UHEC No: 17-080
|This project is supported by:
Chief investigator: Dr Joanne Kemp