- Bachelor of Exercise Science (Rehabilitation) at Charles Sturt University, Bathurst, NSW.
- Honours degree: Trunk positioning to improve athletic performance in male team sport athletes.
- Tutor in Biomechanics and Integrating Evidence into Practice at La Trobe University.
- Sporting Experience: NSW State Under 18’s Lawn Bowls representative.
Top 5 Fun Facts
- Born and bred in a tiny country town of Coolamon in country NSW
- Have contemplated running away to join the circus as I love performing (dancer since the age of 3) aerials such at Silks (Tissu), Lyra (Aerial Hoop), and pole.
- I am the mad cat lady as at one stage I had 12 cats in my house
- I’m a shutter bug – photographer. Mainly Motorsport and landscape, don’t mind the occasional portrait session as long as I’m the one taking the photos.
- I have played over 10 difference sports… Hence the interest in sporting performance!
- Complete PhD – Work at an institute of sport to help improve different athletes’ performance and reduce their risk of injury.
Follow my research journey on Twitter @SamBirse21.